Saturday, February 18, 2012

BONANZA

The past week I have been hit with one migraine headache after another and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it once and for all.  So I have spent quite a bit of time this week on the couch trying to get some relief.  Well, while I was flipping through the channels I reconnected with my first true love HOSS CARTWRIGHT!  

You see growing up if the Widman children were really good during church on Sunday we could go home and watch Bonanza.  I should probably define "really good" - if my dad who was the Bishop did not have to come down off the stand or my mom who was the pianist didn't have to stop during a song to discipline us, we had been really good.  Needless to say we did not see many episodes.  With that being said, one of my favorite childhood memories is coming home, popping some popcorn, getting the blankets all ready in front of the TV, and watching this great show.   In my eyes Hoss could do no wrong, I would dream of him galloping up on the horse, taking his hat off, smiling at me with those big dimples, sweeping me off my feet and taking me back to the Ponderosa.  It was a fun walk down memory to watch three episodes of my true love in action.  It didn't get rid of my headache - but for a few short hours I had a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment